Sometimes, (very rarely) depending on the build of your Mac, this issue can happen. Not to worry, this can be fixed within 2 minutes and you’ll never suffer from this issue again. We know how terrifying this issue can seem. Below are the instructions to fix the issue. Here is a PDF with the same instructions with screenshots for more visual learners. If this does not resolve the issue, please contact us to schedule a phone call with a member of our technical support team to walk you through troubleshooting and resolving the issue.
- Open “Network Preferences” on your Mac.
- Click on the Gear icon and select “Set Service Order”.
- Drag “Tether_Connection” to the bottom of the list.
- Click “OK”. Please see if this resolves the issue. If it does not resolve the issue, or if “Tether_Connection” was already at the bottom of the list, then please do the following:
- Open “Network Preferences” (again).
- Highlight “Wi-Fi” and click on the minus sign toward the bottom left.
- Click “Apply”.
- Now, click on the plus sign. Then, select “Wi-Fi” in the dropdown. Click “Create”.
- Click on the Gear icon and select “Set Service Order”. Drag “Wi-Fi” to the top of that list.
- Click “Apply”.
- The issue should be resolved.
Yep. This is a rare problem, but it is easily fixed. First, let’s make sure that what we think is the problem is actually the problem.
Confirmation of Issue
- Please go to the search bar on your task bar and type in “Control Panel”, and then open the Control Panel.
- Click on “Network and Internet”.
- Click on “Network and Sharing Center.
- On the left hand side, click on “Change adapter settings”.
- Do you see “TeliApp Tether Connection” in this window?
- If so, then we know the problem and will solve it now (see below).
- If not, then please contact us so we can troubleshoot the issue with you.
How to Solve the Issue
- Please exit out of Fetch Connect on your Windows computer.
- Go to the search bar on your task bar and type in “Uninstall”, and then click/open “Add or remove programs”.
- Type in “Fetch” into the search field.
- Uninstall Fetch Connect.
- Go to https://fetch.teliapp.com/download/windows/latest to download the latest Fetch Connect installer for your Windows computer.
- Restart your Windows computer. (This is very important. Don’t skip this step!)
- Install Fetch Connect.
Your problem should be resolved.
Why did this happen? There was a Windows update that affected Fetch on some computers. The latest version of Fetch Connect resolves the issue. Please contact us if you have any other technical issues!
Please fill out the form located on: https://labs.teliapp.com/fetch-support/ and we’ll troubleshoot the issue with you. Give us about one business day to research the issue and get in touch.